Guidance for Conference Chairs
Ahead of chairing your session(s) at this year’s ALDinHE conference, please follow the guidance below for conference session chairs.
- Arrive at the session 10 – 15 minutes before it is due to start. Follow the session chair allocation document which details the chair allocations for each session and the Zoom login email address and password, or the links for Collaborate/Teams as appropriate. The Zoom session ID and passcode are include just in case you need them, but you shouldn’t need them. You will need to log into Zoom using the email and password immediately beneath it (starting with a #).
- You can log into any of these accounts now to have a look around and see if the logins work.
- Please adhere to strict timescales for starting and ending sessions.
- Follow the Zoom instructions for session chairs which details:
- how to how to log into Zoom
- Setting your virtual background using the conference chair background image (if your device supports this) and loading the welcome slide.
- Assigning co-hosts
- Running the sessions
- Creating breakout rooms
- Please remember to record all sessions unless the presenter advises otherwise. Pause the recording whilst breakout rooms are in use and remember to restart the recording when delegates return to the main room. Please end the recording. ALDinHE will add links to recordings after the conference.
- Please introduce the presenter(s) at the start and thank the presenter(s) and delegates for their participation at the end.
- During the session, please support the presenter(s) by fielding any questions asked. You may wish to consult with the presenter(s) before the session start to check how they wish to manage questions.
- Point delegates to the next session on the online programme.
If you encounter any issues, please message Melanie Crisfield via the ALDCon21 Whatsapp group at any time. Melanie will join your session, if you are experiencing a live issue.
If you have not already registered for the conference, please register at our conference website.
The conference helpdesk is open throughout the conference to provide support. Should you need assistance or experiencing issues joining a room, during the conference, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Your feedback is especially important this year. Please complete the national survey during the conference.