Guidance for Conference Presenters
Ahead of presenting your session(s) at this year’s ALDinHE conference, please follow the guidance below for presenters.
- If you have not already registered for the conference, please register at our conference website.
- After registering, you will receive joining instructions which includes your login details to the website.
- As a presenter, you will access the conference and the session(s) you are presenting like a delegate by logging into the conference website using the user name and password included in your joining instructions.
- Enter the session you are presenting, the same way you would enter any session as a delegate, by clicking on the relevant “View Session”, which will take you through to your room.
- You can find out who will be chairing your session by consulting the session chair allocations for presenters document. This document is just for you to see who is chairing your session, so you know who to expect in the room.
- The Chair will make you a co-host once you are in the room. We can’t have both Chairs and Presenters logging in, as it will log one of you out.
- Please read and follow this guide to using Zoom, if you are presenting on this platform.
- Follow the presenter guidelines on accessibility and inclusion.
- Arrive at the session 10 – 15 minutes before it is due to start and discuss any requirements with the Chair with regards to breakout room requirements (if any) and fielding questions. Your session chair will introduction and end the session and will start and end the recording.
- Please adhere to strict timescales for starting and ending sessions.
- If you haven’t already done so and use social media, please share your presenter page and spread the word about the conference. You can download your presenter badge and use sample social media messages provided on the social sharing page. Use the conference hashtag in your messaging #ALDcon21
- Encourage attendees of your session to continue the discussion at the virtual conference bar in the virtual food and drink tent, which is open throughout the conference and/or at the virtual pub crawl.
- We would like to thank all our presenters for agreeing to take time out of their busy schedules to give us their perspectives on a broad-ranging set of topics. Without you, the conference would not be possible. Thank you!
The conference helpdesk is open throughout the conference to provide support. Should you need assistance or experiencing issues joining a room, during the conference, please contact email@example.com
Your feedback is especially important this year. Please complete the national survey during the conference.